Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Devil's Tools

Editor's Note: I did not write the following, but I know from firsthand experience the truth of what is said.

It was advertised that the devil was putting his tools up for sale. On the date of the sale, the tools were place for public inspection; each tool being marked with its sale price. They were a menacing lot of implements: Hatred, Envy, Deceit, Lying, and Pride among the tools.

“What is the name of that tool?” asked a customer, pointing to a harmless looking tool laid apart from the rest. It was well worn and priced extremely high.

"That is Discouragement,” replied the devil.

“Why is it priced so high?”

The devil eagerly answered, “Because it is more useful to me than the others. I can pry open and get inside a man’s heart with Discouragement when I cannot get near him with my other tools. It is badly worn because I use it on almost everyone, since so few realize it belongs to me.”

No comments: