Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Day In Colorado

This is where I spent part of my Sunday. I know. It was tough. But, someone had to do it! (The photo was taken of the Florida River a couple of miles below the Lemon Reservoir Dam, to the northeast of Durango, Colorado.)



The rest of my Sunday was spent shuffling between Durango and Pagosa Springs. I worshiped with the Durango Church of Christ this morning and preached the morning sermon. I have known many of the members of the Durango church for many years. They are a special group of people. Tonight, I was with the Pagosa Springs Church of Christ and spoke to them about Manuelito Navajo Children's Home. I'm spending the night in Durango before heading to Kansas tomorrow morning.

This was the saddest sight of the day. A grove of dead Aspen trees. Many of the Aspen stands are dying in the Colorado Rockies. A definitive cause is uncertain--perhaps a virus, perhaps insects. Hopefully, it is a plague that will be stopped before too much more damage is done. Can you imagine Colorado without Aspen trees?

No comments: