Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sports Thoughts

Curt Schilling has been a favorite player of mine since his days with the Philadelphia Phillies. I wish him the best in his retirement and fully expect him to be a 1st-ballot Hall of Famer in 5 years. There's only a handful of pitchers from the past generation that were as good as Schilling. My list of best pitchers in the past 20 years is:

Greg Maddux
Roger Clemens (yes, he remains on my list, despite his recent pathetic behavior)
Randy Johnson
Pedro Martinez
Tom Glavine
Curt Schilling
Mike Mussina
John Smoltz

_______________

The Denver Broncos are out of their minds to be contemplating trading Jay Cutler. The new coach needs to eat some humble pie and make up with his star quarterback.

_______________

I've tried, but I just can't get MAD about March Madness. I'll watch the Final Four (just as I'll watch the NBA Finals), but basketball has never lit my fire. Bring on the St. Louis Cardinals opener and the NFL Draft.

_______________

This will be my third season in a row without Fantasy Baseball . . . I miss it! Anybody need another team in their league?

_______________

So, T. O. isn't showing up for the Buffalo Bills voluntary workout this week. And people are surprised? But he's always been a team player ;-).

_______________

Roger Bannister celebrates his 80th Birthday today. He is one of history's greatest athletes. Congratulations!

_______________

Anybody for a round of golf? I'm worse than the Round Man of Rebound, but love to play. Its been over a year-and-a-half since I've hit the links.

No comments: