Monday, June 8, 2009

A View Worth $30.75?

I took some photos at Redondo Beach, California today. They cost me $30.75.

Actually, the photos were free for the taking. Parking my car cost $30.75. The parking spot cost 75 cents; the parking ticket cost 30 dollars!

I had parked my car and inserted three quarters into the parking meter. I walked down to the beach and took some photos and spent a few moments enjoying the surf. I came back to my car and discovered a parking ticket on my windshield. After a couple of moments of bewilderment, I figured it out: I had paid the wrong meter. I looked for the meter-maid, but to no avail. It seems I am stuck with a $30 parking ticket.

The photos, while good in my estimation, are not worth $30.75, but perhaps the lesson learned will be.

2 comments:

Yuriko Hayashi said...

Ouch... I hope next time you'll have better luck...

TREY MORGAN said...

They were definitely worth $30 to look at ... :)