Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Half a Continent Away!


I am as far away from my children today as I have ever been. I speak of the great expanse of miles that separates us. As I write, I sit approximately 100 feet from the pounding surf of the Pacific Ocean. I am in Malibu, California enjoying the Pepperdine University Bible Lectures. My three precious girls are in Levelland, Texas, where they now live. Today, half a continent separates us. For most the of the past year, I have lived a part from my children. We have shared several visits, visits that I look forward to more than anything else in my life right now, but visits that have been all-too-infrequent and all-too-short. This separation from my children was not my choice, nor theirs. It came from the sins of others that tore apart a family.
Please pray for my family. God can put broken pieces back together.
Today, as I sat looking out at the Pacific Ocean, my thoughts drifted back to a much happier time, this past June, and the day my girls saw the Ocean for the first time. The photo above is of Elizabeth and Hannah enjoying the surf.

No comments: