Sunday, November 2, 2008

FALLing for Oregon

My first visit to Oregon is drawing to a close. I will begin my journey home tomorrow morning, a trip that will take me through Idaho and Utah. My six days in Oregon (and 45 days on the road) have been profitable for Manuelito Navajo Children's Home. I had some good visits with churches and especially enjoyed my time with the Gladstone Church of Christ this morning and the Oregon City Church of Christ tonight. These are two wonderful congregations; their love for Jesus and for one another is so encouraging.

My travels take me to many places, and it is hard to be away from my family and friends for long periods of time. But, it is so heartwarming to walk into a church building and know that there I will be surrounded by family. As we share in faith, as Christ's blood washes us clean, we belong together, we are family . . . even when we have never previously met!

No comments: